- Timeless and trend-proof
- Best option for smaller kitchens (white cabinets can make the kitchen appear larger than it is)
- Compliment almost any style- modern, contemporary, traditional, country, etc.
- Best choice if you tend to update your kitchen often
- Perfect for kitchens with limited natural light
- Shows dirt, smudges, and food particles
- Not always recommended for large families or families with small children
- Can show signs of aging
- Some people think white cabinets have a hospital-like feel to them
- Have a formal, rich look to them (they tend to look more expensive)
- Black kitchen cabinets are supposed to be a huge trend in 2015
- Can transform a boring kitchen
- Make a great accent to almost any color (especially lighter colors)
- Not recommended for small kitchens (can make it feel small and closed-in)
- Not recommended for kitchens without a lot of natural light (can give the kitchen a heavy, dark feel)
- The color/stain/shade trends are always changing with darker cabinets
- Shows food particles, dust, and water splotches
- Shows scratches and dings
*Things to Consider:
When choosing between white or darker cabinets...
the architectural style of your home should be taken into consideration; For example, dark cabinets might look more natural in a craftsman style home and white cabinets may look better in a farmhouse.
the lighting in your kitchen should be taken into consideration. A kitchen with a lot of natural light would look great with white or dark cabinets, but if you have a kitchen with only artificial, or very limited natural light then you should consider white cabinets.
Leave a Comment...What's Your Preference and Why?