Why settle for your current bathroom when you can customize it to fit your family's needs? If you are considering or already planning on remodeling your bathroom you may want to answer the following questions first. These questions will help you focus on what your needs are for your new bathroom.
1. How many people live in your home? What are their ages?
2. How many bathrooms are in your home? How often is each one used?
3. Which bathroom or bathrooms do you plan to remodel?
4. What is/are the bathroom/s you plan to remodel primarily used for? Guests? Is it your Master Bathroom? Is it a child's bathroom?
5. Do you anticipate any changes in your family that may need to be considered? A new baby? Are your parents or in-laws moving in? Do you have a child leaving for college? Will any of this effect the needs of the bathroom/s being remodeled?
6. Does anyone in your family or anyone who frequents your home have any physical limitations that should be considered in the design and layout of your new bathroom/s?
7. Do you have any water usage concerns? i.e. Do you run out of hot water often?
8. Is there anything about the current layout of your bathroom that makes it difficult to use?
9. Is there anything about your current bathroom that you would like to remain the same?
10. Other than the usual bathroom activities, what else do you use this space for? Makeup application, getting dressed, relaxation, etc.
11. Do you prefer taking a bath, a shower, or both?
12. What appliances/fixtures do you use in the bathroom?
13. Do you have enough electrical outlets in your current bathroom?
14. Is there enough surface space in your bathroom?
15. Do multiple people use this space at a time? Brushing teeth together, etc.
16. Is there enough privacy in your current bathroom?